Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Today I felt like baking!

I went food shopping yesterday but decided to behave and not get any bad for you, rubbish food in the house, But... We all need something a little naughty at some point!
So this morning I thought i'd make some flapjacks! Seeing as the only bad thing in them is the golden syrup I thought it'd be ok :)
Here are my Cherry and raisin flapjacks!
The recipe is..
50g Unsalted Butter,
As much or little golden syrup, glace cherries and raisins as you fancy,
Plenty of oats!

To be honest I pretty much eye balled this recipe, its really not hard and I find flapjack is one of those things you make according to your own taste.
However, this is what I did..
First off, pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4.
Put your butter, and golden syrup in a pan and gently heat until runny and mixed together.
Next, turn off the heat and pour your oats in, I did this bit by bit as it all depends on how much golden syrup mix you have and how moist you want your flapjacks to be.
Then, mix in your cherries and raisins.
Pour the mix into a lined baking tray pretty quickly as you don't want the oats to set in your pan (It's sticky and hard to scrub off!)
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Don't be worried when you take them out of the oven if they don't look completely hardened, the longer you leave the flapjack to cool and set the firmer it will become :)

No comments:

Post a Comment